Monday, April 23, 2018

Inspiration...Basic A-Line Skirt

Here's a great basic skirt:


This is a great skirt. Both the length and the slight a-line silhouette are very good.  Personally, I would prefer a different color - khaki, gray, blue.  I think this skirt could be dressed up or down which is a big plus. This is Theory Double-Faced Linen Slit Skirt.  Price tag:  $295.00.

Here's a skirt pattern that would work well to duplicate:


This is McCall's 3341.  It is an out-of-print pattern that is still available. 


This New Look patter would work also but it may be a bit fuller than the McCall's pattern.

There are not very many patterns with this silhouette in the pattern books.  Most of the patterns are for knits.

I'm going to dig though the pattern stash and see if I have anything similar.  This would be a great skirt for summer.  The McCall's pattern feels like it should already be in the stash but I couldn't locate it.  Some of my patterns are at the storage unit.  I also sold some of my patterns before I moved.

What do you think of this particular silhouette?  Do you like the longer skirts?  Would you add this to your wardrobe?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment