Tuesday, May 1, 2018

New Rug...

I finally found a rug that will fit in the living area of the new house and just as important, that I like.  A week or so ago Houzz was having a rug sale so I decided to check it out.  Here is the rug that I purchased:

Safavieh Evoke Woven Rug, Gray/Ivory, 11'x15'

I purchased two of them.  One is 11' x 15' and the other is roughly 2' x 4'.  I really wanted a 3' x 7' but that size wasn't offered. 

Here's close-up of the actually rug colors:


Sorry for the kinda dark picture.  The living area doesn't have much in the way of natural light.  The colors beige/gray/navy/med blue.  You don't see a lot of the gray in this picture but as you move to the middle of the rug there is more gray.

I suppose I should start looking for fabric for new slipcovers.  The slipcovers for the chair and sofa will be a new thing for me.  I have never made slipcover for anything larger than an ottoman.  I will also need to figure out the quantity of fabric.  Anyone know where a chart is?  Anyone know how different the fabric quantity for a slip cover verses upholster is?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment