Thursday, May 3, 2018

I've Done It Now - Day 3...

Here's Day 3 progress:


There was a black jute type fabric under the faux leather seat cover.  Still many tacks to go.


The black jute with all the stuff removed revealed the Z Springs.  I have never seen this type of spring before so I had to do a lot of research to figure out how to handle them.  They will remain part of the chair.


Here's the jute that was removed from the chair.  I did not save this piece.  You'll see in the pictures below that it is very messy.


Here is the cotton bat that was attached to the jute fabric.  I have no idea if a product like this is still available but I will most likely use to separate products.


This is what was in the middle of the cotton bat.  When I first saw it, I thought that it was hay but it's more like a wood product.

Since these pictures were taken, we have removed all of the tacks on the frame.  Then, I had my brother check the frame because I had found a crack and wanted to know if this was something we could still work with.    His hobby is wood working and he worked as an upholsterer for a short time.  He suggested gluing and clamping the crack.   After looking the rest of the chair over, he wanted to know if the z springs had been tied which they had not.  He told me to tie them down.  This sent me back to the internet to find out how.  I think that I understand the process.  This has added another couple of items to my list of supplies.

Life is going to be very busy over the next few weeks.  So, it will be a bit before I can order the supplies and get started.  In a way, this is kinda funny because I thought I could knock this out in about a week.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment