Wednesday, May 23, 2018

More Stitching....Dishcloths....

When we are traveling, I also try to have a project or two in the car with me.  It makes me feel productive while sitting those long hours.  The latest projects have been crocheted dishcloths.  Here are most of the ones made on the last trip:



I think this isn't too bad given that I got bored making these on the return trip.  I was a bit surprised that I had not made one of the dishcloths with the twist thread and a off-white trim but I still have more yarn and another trip.  I was also surprised that the one on the bottom was missing trim but that is easy to fix and I think it will be green twist.

Can you tell that the dishcloths are different sizes?  The pattern that I use as is is a bit on the large side and I prefer a smaller dishcloth.  The first one I did was about 3/4 of the size of the original.  I kept reducing from there until I got to where I thought it should be which ended up about 26 stitches.

The pattern that I used is Lily Sugar'n Cream Dishcloth and Pot Holder.  I'm sure you've guessed that the yarn is Lily Sugar'n Cream.  Generally, I always use the natural or the green twist.  It might be time to expand those color selections a bit. I have tried the scents yarn and it is truly smelly.

I'm sure my son will take most of the current batch of dishcloths.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment