Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Summer 6-Pac....

It's time to think about a new 6-pac for summer. Here's the links to the 6-pac discussions:  Artisan Square, Dr E, and Pattern Review.  The stories are worth reading.

Basics for the summer 6-pac:

1.  One layering piece in a neutral or color.
2.  One top in your main neutral.
3.  One top in your color.
4.  One top in your secondary neutral or a print combining neutrals and color.
5.  One bottom in your neutral.
6.  One bottom in your second neutral.

My neutrals will stay the same - black, gray, navy.  Ok, I know that I have three instead of two but I can't see to let go of the blue colors.  My colors will still be pink and teal (or some shade of blue). I have already been giving this some thought.  Here's my ideas:

1.  Layering piece - still thinking about this one.
2.  Top in main neutral  - still thinking about this one.  I may purchase.
3.  Top in color - still thinking about this one.  i may purchase.
4.  Top in print combining neutrals and color.  Stash has revealed a lovely floral pink in pinks and navy.
5.  Bottom in neutral - skirt in navy.
6.  Bottom in second neutral - I'm contemplating pull-on capris in medium gray.  Just haven't found the right fabric yet.

So, how did the Spring 6-pac go:

1. I completed the black and white striped knit shirt.  I did not enjoy wearing this top.  The top would ride up which made me think that it was too tight across the bust.

2.  Blue and white plaid top.  I'm just now getting started on this.  Timing isn't great but I may get a chance to wear this a little bit before it gets too hot.  I may just make it a short sleeve instead of a long sleeve.  Then, it will be counted as part of the summer 6-pac.

3.  Black skirt.  I loved the idea of the AC style basic skirt.  I loved wearing this skirt.  However, this skirt needs to be reworked as it was too big after 6 hours of wearing. 


I'm try to do a better job with updating on any progress of the 6-pac.  Really, I have a lot of things that I want to get done and I'm not sure how I'm going to get them done.  I suppose I could quit cooking, eating, and sleeping.  Nah!

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment