Friday, February 9, 2018

Spring 6-PAC....

Do you follow along with the 6-PAC sewing on Stitcher's Guild or Pattern Review?  I seem to always read what others are doing with interest but don't really accomplish much.  With the last 6-PAC which was winter, I proudly managed two skirts - a brown twill skirt and a black/gray knit skirt.  Both have been worn which is important.

So it's time for the Spring 6-PAC on Stitcher's Guild, 6-Pack and SWAP Sew Along at Pattern Review, and of course, a must read is over at Dr E's Fabulous Blog.   There could be others that I'm unaware of.

So the 6-PAC is basically 2 layering pieces, 2 tops, and 2 bottoms.  When reading through the resources listed above, more information is provided.  If you look around at Stitcher's Guild or Pattern Review, you will find a lot of resources on wardrobe building.

I'm going to attempt another round of 6-PAC sewing following the guidelines.  We'll see how I do.  I did better with the last winter round than I ever had before.  Let's see if I can plan a wardrobe and follow through with it.  My colors for spring and summer generally lean toward blues, grays, pinks, and teals.  There is also always black in the winter.  I know my stash contains the following items:

1.  Black and white stripe knit that would make a great top.
2.  Blue and white plaid that would make a great top.

I don't know what else the stash contains that will work but I will be looking.  I will be trying to use the stash as the recent move proved to me that I had far too much fabric.  Of course, my husband now knows it too and can't understand buying more fabric for anything.  Before the move, he was aware that there was fabric just not the extent of it.

I guess two tops is a great starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment