Thursday, February 1, 2018

New Shopping Bags...

A few months back my husband requested additional shopping bags.  How could I turn him down?  He rarely asks for anything.  So, I purchased some fabric which turned into stash because at that point in time we were in the middle of all the events of 2017.

In mid-January, I asked him to pick the style of shopping bag he wanted and it was the Fabric Shopping Bag from The Creative Thimble.  Check out the free patterns that are available and while you're there check out the other patterns, too.

I have made this pattern before, way back in September of 2008. Wow!  I didn't really realize that it had been so long ago.  Here's the review at Pattern Review.  Here's my newest versions:



I do plan on making a couple more.  That way each vehicle will have at least 4 bags for shopping.

The instructions for this shopping bag is super easy.  You just need the fabric, a ruler, marking pen, and scissors.  Of course, a rotary cutter will work, too.  There are a couple of things that I did differently with this set:

1.  Topstitched the top edge of the bag.
2.  Topstitched the handles within 1-inch of the edge.

We'll see how these changes work out.  The only other thing that I had thought of was to add a hanging loop.

What do you think of the new bags?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment