Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Scrubbies...Ready, Set, Go...

The netting has arrived and have already been cut into strips:



Whew! cutting 12 yards of netting into 2" strips is hard work even a rotary cutter and rulers.  The blade on the rotary cutter was no longer sharp by the time I was done.  Of course it could have been on it's last legs before I started.

When did fabric.com start having minimums on the by-the-yard items?  That is how I ended up with so much netting.  One color was a minimum of 5 yards and the other was a minimum of 7 yards.  You'll find that with other fabrics as well.

Here's the strips combined and wound up, ready to start crocheting the scrubbies:


This is enough to do 39 scrubbies.  I now have something to keep me busy while on shorts trips or waiting on appointments for a while.

Have you ever made scrubbies?  If not, you should give it a try.  There are lots of scrubby patterns over on Ravelry.  Most of my family love getting the homemade scrubbies.  My son in particular likes to use the scrubbies.  Many of the scrubbies made with this batch of netting will end up at his new apartment (first) this spring.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment