Monday, February 12, 2018

Inspiration....Top & Pants....

While perusing the Layfayette 148 webite, I found the following outfit:


Doesn't this look like a comfy, wearable outfit?  What do you think of the dropped sleeves?  Let's break it down:


This is the Matte Crepe Striped V-neck Sweater.  I really like look of this but the v is a little deep.  I actually have a white w/navy strip knit hanging out in the stash.  I'm just a little unsure of the stretch.  This little number is $398.00.  Maybe if I dig around a bit I can come up with something for this.  I know I just recently found a top pattern that had a different neck line but had the dropped shoulders.  Here it is:


The Uvita Top pattern from Itch to Stitch.  Maybe I'll check to see how this pattern fits.  I know I have extra knit fabric that is just for muslins.


This is the Acclaim Stretch Gramercy Pant.  It reminds me a little bit of the Barb pant.  I'm not so sure about the pintucks on the front and back.  I do really like the slim silhouette.  Definitely need the longer top for these  Here's the Barb pant:


The Barb Pant pattern by Style Arc would definitely give you a similar look.

What do you think about this outfit?  I really do think it is a nice wearable outfit for early spring.  My sewing list is getting very long but I do have a lot of fabric to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment