Friday, February 23, 2018

New Bed...

Finding furniture to fit the small rooms in our new house has been a struggle.  I had brought two beds from the old house.  One of them was perfect and the other a little bit big but we're making it work.  The third bedroom was a challenge.  I wanted a queen size bed.  To have a queen size bed, it needed to be a storage bed.  I did look a little bit and asked my husband if he was willing to get it a try building one.  So, the adventure began.  We picked this plan from the Anna White site:

It is the Farmhouse Storage Bed.  I think it was a challenge.  DH certainly didn't finish it over a weekend and it costs more than $200.00 to build.  We made one change and that was to the head board and foot board. We used bead board instead of plywood.  Here's our version:


Here's a version put together:


I was in the closet to take this picture.  The room is just big enough to have the bed and be able to open the closet doors.  That is a success in my book.  Here's a view with the drawers in:


I'm so proud of what my husband accomplished.  This is the first time he has built anything this large.  Now, I need to get the room straightened up, locate new lamps for the wall, and figure out some kind of little shelf /table for between the bed and the window.

I don't remember what color of paint we used.  I can look it up if someone is interested.  The paint is from Lowe's and it is a furniture paint.  

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment