Monday, February 19, 2018

Inspiration....A Tank Top....

Have you ever looked at the basics by Eileen Fisher?  One of the items is a basic knit tank top.  Here's a sample of a linen jersey version:


It is a very basic tank.  If you check, the tanks come in a variety of type of materials - silk, cotton, linen.  Most of them are knit, and some are not.   The tank that are not a knit are made from a washable crepe.  I actually prefer this version of the tank:


This past year I moved to a much warmer climate than I have lived in the past 25 or so years.  I know that I will need to figure out how to dress appropriately for the warmer weather.  The difference in summer temperature will most likely be at least 20 degrees warmer.  I'm wondering if tank tops will be a necessary item for hot summer days with a cardigan or light weight jacket for inside.

I do have two tank top patterns and both are from Silhouettes patterns:



The second pattern is probably more like the Eileen Fisher tank that I liked.  I'm hoping to give this pattern a try.  I have some knit fabric that is just for muslins.  I need to dig around and see what kind of woven fabrics that I have that could be used for a tank.  If the yardage is 60" wide, it takes less than a yard to create a top.   I think I will add this to my project list.  Maybe by the time it gets hot, I will have some nice fitting tops to handle it.

What do you think of this particularly basic?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment