Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I don't understand....

I don't understand why I can't get contractors to help me with my room. The floor refinisher never showed up or called back. The electrician at least showed up and implied that he was willing to do the work. However, he has never called back with a quote. A Very Big Sigh.... and this is with them telling me that they not working or have very little work. Maybe that's it...something bigger came along and I'm not worth their time.

I have found another floor refinisher that looks like they are local and Wow! they have a cool website. Estimates right there. Obviously, repairs add cost but how cool is that. I don't know about electricians. I think I will try Handi-Man and see what they have to offer.

However, we are painting trim now. The carpets remnants have made they way out of the house. If the floor refinishers wanted to start tomorrow, it would take about an hour to get it completely cleaned out and ready for them to do there work. Although, I did find out that make iron requires a 20 amp circuit. No wonder, the circuit blows whenever I have the iron on and someone turns something else on at the same time.

I'm going to share another recipe with you. It's for a quicky dessert that my son's teacher shared with us at the open house.

Hasty Mexican Chocolate Pudding

Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups of milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons of butter (optional)

Procedure:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch.

2. Whisk in milk a little at a time so the mixture does not have any dry lumps.

3. Place in microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.

4. Stir then cook at 1 or 2 minute intervals, stirring between cooking times for 2 to 5 minutes until mixture thickens.

5. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla extract. Stir until butter melts.

6. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.

7. Chill in the refrigerator. Serve cold.


When I make this, it never has the opportunity to get cold. It's good warm, too. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment