Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Look Back - The 2019 Duds

Looking back over the items that were sewn for 2019, there were a few duds.  No one likes to think that they wasted their time but it happens.  Here are duds:


The Dish Mat.  I think this was a good idea but the execution wasn't good.  I used an old towel as the middle and this was a BIG OLE mistake.  It almost immediately started to smell and it didn't go away.  I have not made another one yet but I think that using a cotton batting will work.  Maybe I will make time for this in 2020.


This is Angel's Bag.  This is a nice bag.  I think it needs a much heavier fabric than the faux leather that I used.  The pattern was written for leather.  The big issue for me was the rivets.  I didn't have much to chose from in my area and I went with a domed rivet.  When applying the rivet, I couldn't get enough pressure for the rivet to attach properly without denting the dome on the rivet.  I was really afraid that the rivets wouldn't hold up to day-to-day use. 


This is Amy's Skirt.  Even though I wanted to love this skirt.  It was too big.  The construction severely limited you ability to make any changes to the skirt.  I will make this skirt again but will change the construction.

Did you sew many duds over 2019?  Did you learn anything from them?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment