Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Amy's Skirt...

I have collected many Silhouettes patterns.  I have no idea how long I've had this pattern:


I have decided that this will be my next new skirt - Amy's Skirt pattern by Silhouettes.  I purchased this fabric from fabric (dot) com:


This is a grey Brussels Washer Linen.  I decided to line the skirt in a white batiste.  When preparing the pattern, I noticed that the grain line was different between the 1-4 sizing and the 5w-8w sizing.  So, asked Peggy which was correct.  Here's her response:  "It can be done either way, the skirt hangs a bit different, but both are fine....your call.....The reason we did it different is the larger size some times will not fit on the fabric, we so alter it slightly....hope that helps."  Here's the finished skirt:


This is the skirt front.


This is the skirt back.

Sorry for the hanger pictures but the photographer isn't around and I can't take a skirt picture in any of the mirrors.  If I pose with it in the future, I will link to it.

This skirt feels big.  I followed the fitting instructions.  I had my husband measure the depth of the seam where I pinned and thought it was snug.  I took a deeper seam than the measurement my husband gave me.  Still it feels like it's big.  I think I could have taken another inch off and it would have been good.  The conclusion is that I started with the wrong size.  Had I realized it a bit earlier in the sewing sequence I could have taken in a bit at the side seams.  The only thing that would keep me from wearing it is weight loss.

Conclusions:

1.  This is not a beginner pattern.  Maybe an advance beginner.
2.  This is a nice fitting skirt.
3.  The skirt is lined and there is no mention of this on the envelope.
4.  Fitting/zipper finish is different.
5.  I will make another version of this skirt.


Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment