Thursday, December 26, 2019

Neck Tie Zip Bags...

I always try to make something for Christmas.  This year, my Dad gave me 95% of his ties.  He no longer wears ties.  I decided to make something for the grandkids from the ties.  I found this tutorial for Neck Tie Zip Bags. 

Have you ever taken a neck tie apart?  It is mostly easy but time consuming.  Here are the guts of the ties:


I am not 100% sure what this material is that was used for the tie interfacing.  Only two of the six ties actually had similar material.  It seems to be different than the tie interfacing that I have purchased in the past.  I think I have two precious of the tie interfacing left in my stash.  I did save this tie interfacing.  I am sure some day my son will wonder why I kept this.

Here are the bags:



It was fun picking out the ties for the project.  The bags were fairly easy to construct. 

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment