Friday, July 12, 2019

Wardrobe Thoughts...

How much thought do you give to the items in your closet?  Do you find yourself purchasing or making items that don't get worn?  Have you given thought to why the item isn't being worn?

Personally, I really dislike having items hanging in my closet that do not ever get worn.  I worked on different programs to try to get a manageable wardrobe that is neither too much or too little nor too casual or too dressy.  I've decided that it is very hard to stay on top of this.

At one point, I worked through the Starting From Scratch wardrobe planning on The Vivienne Files.  That was very helpful but I think you need to work through once or twice a year for it be to really beneficial.  Deciding on colors is the hardest part of this type of planning.

Now, The Weekly Timeless Wardrobe planning has started at The Vivienne Files.  This is a 52 weeks of looking at your wardrobe and deciding on needed items.  It is meant to get you prepared for the next season.  To look ahead at what you may need or what to add to the core items in your  wardrobe.

As a sewist, do you ever plan your sewing a season ahead?  I think I'm more of a sew now kinda of person.  It's a different concept for me to sew for fall or winter now.  What are you thoughts on sewing for the future?  Frankly, retail kinda forces us to purchase ahead of the season.

I will start posting weekly on what my choices are for that weeks suggestions.  The first post, next week, will be a caught up post for the first three weeks.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment