Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Life Upside Down...

Life is full of changes and the last two years have been full of them - purchase a new house 1000 miles away, ankle surgery, getting my old house ready to sell, selling the house faster than a blink and agreeing to being out of the house in four weeks, moving the 1000 miles, and losing my beloved kitty. 

The lose of the cat was very hard.  We decided that there would be no more pets.  For two years, helping my neice with her kitties when she went out of town was fine.  I was plenty happy with that.  Then a couple of weeks ago, we started hearing strange sounds in the evenings.  Last week, we realized the strange sound was a very small kitten.  It took two nights to catch the kitten.  He was wild which I will label scared.  The birds had been chasing him.  My husband caught him and I took him thinking I could calm him down.  Nope.  He drew blood.  Lots. Of. Blood.  I didn't let go though till I got him to the box that I had brought. 

We got him home and put him in the main bathroom.  I had to leave.  When I returned an hour later, my husband had him mostly calmed down and was playing him.  This kitten was 1 lb and 2 ounces which put him about 5 weeks old.  We posted on our neighborhood site that we had found a very small kitten.  We didn't get any responses from the post.  We asked a few neighbors.  People had been trying to catch the kitten but hadn't been able to hold on when he started scratching and biting. 

You know what I'm going to say right.  The little kitten is now part of our house hold.  Here's the sweet little face that broke the resolve of no more pets:


Isn't he cute?  This is a picture from the first night we had him.  He has gone from a little wild demon cat to a super sweet little kitten.  The first name I had for him was TROUBLE.  When we took him to the vet on Monday, we changed the name to Rocket.  He loves to play and equally loves to snuggle.

We've had him for one week now.  He has kept me very busy.  Leaving me very little time to sew.  I'm actually a little afraid of getting my sewing stuff out as he may very well think that they are toys. 

Happy Stitching! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww- what a sweet kitty. He is tiny! He is lucky to have found you. :)

    ReplyDelete