Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Ariel - My First Seamwork Pattern...

In May, I purchased a dress that I thought would be perfect for hot summer days.  It is but the fabric is a little more sheer that I'm comfortable with.  So I decided that Ariel would make the perfect little slip/underdress.  Here's Ariel:


Can't get much simpler, can it?  There are five pieces.

Here's my version:


Sorry, not my best picture but I'm happy with this little slip dress.  It does exactly what I want it to do.

Details:

Fabric - 100% cotton lawn from fabric dot com.
Pattern - Ariel from Seamwork.

Pattern changes:

1.  I shortened the dress to knee length.
2.  Put the center front on the fold.  Don't forget to remove the seam allowance.
3.  Increase the cup size.  I only added length here.  I chose the dress to fit my circumference.

That's all the changes.  The dress fit.  I really expected to need to change the strap length but it was perfect.  A total shock.   I spent more time putting the pattern together, figuring out the cup alteration, and cutting it out than I did stitching it.  A bonus - if it's really hot I can wear this around the house.

Check out Seamwork.  It may be just what you need to get a jump start on your own sewing.  Here's a link to get $3.00 off your first month should you decide to join - Seamwork.  I ready to try another pattern.

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment