Monday, April 15, 2019

Inspiration...Short Sleeve Shirt

I have taken a liking to sewing with lin Then.  This shirt makes me want it invest in so linen and sew:



This is the Sublime Justice Button-Front Short-Sleeve Linen Blouse by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $328.00.  For a close-up view, go to the Neiman Marcus website.   This top is a good basic and made from linen it should last for a long time.  

Have you sewn with linen much?  I have done a couple of projects in the last few months.  You can see the bread bag here and the curtains here.  I do think that each project was a different linen.  I did order the linen from the fabric-stores dot com for both projects.  Just note that you need to make sure that you order enough fabric for the entire project.  From reading reviews, I would say that ordering additional may not match color wise. 

I wish I knew more about ordering linen.  Anyone know of a site that gives a good explanation?

As far as patterns go, my first thought was Kwik Sew but they don't seem to have anything appropriate.  They use to be the go to company for this type of pattern.  They always had good basics.  Maybe you can locate a vintage one.   The Grainline Studio Archer shirt pattern would probably work.  

Feel free to recommend any other pattern.  I do recommend that you use a shirt pattern that you already have fitted.  Save the money on the pattern to spend on the fabric. 

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment