Monday, April 29, 2019

Inspiration...Sleeveless Wrap Dress

I'm still remembering how hot it felt last summer.  I do want to be ready with lots of comfy clothes.  Here's the lastest dress:


Doesn't this look like it would be perfect for the hot days of summer?  This is the Pammie Sleeveless Finesse Crepe Wrap Dress by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag:  $548.00.   Get a close look at the Neiman Marcus website.  

I think I like everything about this except the fiber content.  It doesn't state that it's dry clean only but I suspect that it is.  We can do better than this, can't we?  What do you think about these options:


This is Diane's Wrap Dress pattern by Silhouette Patterns.  This pattern will give you the wrap, the tie, and the length. However, it does have a collar and lapel.  This one is in my pattern collection so that is where I would start.  Most likely, you could remove the portions of the pattern you don't want to use.  

Here's a version that is almost identical to the inspiration dress:


This is the Annabelle Woven Dress pattern from Style Arc.    It is certainly worth considering this pattern.  Note that the "V" is much deeper on this pattern.

I'm sure there are more options than this but this is what I found.  Wouldn't a linen blend be perfect for this?

Hope you are inspired to sew something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment