Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas Sewing....

I try to make a few things every year for Christmas.  This year it was just for my immediate family.  Here are the results:


This was actually a request from my son.  There are two identical shopping bags.  This is a cute potato chips print that I found in the stash.  I used the grocery bag pattern from Creative Thimble.  This is the fourth set of these bags that I have made.  The hardest part of these bags is the cutting out.


Yeah, I know this doesn't look like much but it is a bag to put potatoes in.  As I'm sure you know, it is best to keep potatoes in the dark.  The last time I was at my son's apartment, he had them sitting out on a shelf in the open.


Another simple bag.  This is a linen bag made for bread.  My husband enjoys baking bread so I thought I would make a variety of bread bags.  Unfortunately, this one is the only one that was finished before Christmas.  I'll try to remember pictures later. 

By the way if you haven't worked with 100% linen, it is an absolute delight to work with.

Hope you seasonal sewing brought you joy!

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment