Thursday, January 3, 2019

Looking Back on 2018...

The sewing in 2018 has been much better than the previous year.  It was a busy year but I still found time to sew which felt really good.  Here is my favorite pattern from 2018:


This is The Magic Pencil Skirt pattern by Pamela's Patterns.  I made this skirt three times this year.  Once in a herringbone knit, one in a stretch woven, and once in a cotton jersey.  In all three cases, I made a size medium.  The herringbone skirt is a little bit big.  The cotton jersey is too big and I intend to take it apart and restitching to make it smaller.  The stretch woven skirt is really my favorite.  It was the last skirt that I made and the change that I made is I took larger seams fitting it a little bit closer.

My least favorite item this year was: 


This is the Uvita Top pattern by Itch to Stitch.  This is a free pattern.  I used a really nice knit that I found in the stash and thought that it would be perfect for the pattern and it was kinda.  My issue with my top was that it wouldn't stay put.  It wanted to move upward.  I did make a change to the top by adding darts instead of making a muslin I just sewed it up.  I think this may have been part of the issue. In general, this type of issue would indicate there wasn't enough room.

The most requested items that I had this past year was shopping bags.  I made bags for my son and my husband.  The pattern used was from The Creative Thimble website and is listed under the freebies.

This year I joined up with a group that had a goal of sewing 50 yards of fabric for the year.  I didn't think it was possible but I did end up sewing around 70 yards of fabric.  Unfortunately, I purchased around 57 yards.  At least, that is what is on my spreadsheet.  My actual goal for purchases was zero but sometimes you just don't have what you're looking for in the stash.  I will say that I was much more mindful on purchases this year.  I'm happy that I actually sewed a little more than I purchased.  I will be following this group again for 2019.

How was your 2018 sewing?  Did you accomplish what you wanted to accomplish?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment