Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Lounge Pants - Simplicity 8519

While my son was here at Christmas I asked if he was interested in another pair of lounge pants.  Surprisingly, he jumped at the chance.  I had a plaid fabric that I not sure exactly what it was.  It was fuzzy like a flannel but I think it was a very firm knit.  There was 5 1/2 yards so I jumped at the chance to make 2 pair of lounge pants - one for my son and one for my husband.  So, I checked the pattern stash and couldn't believe that I didn't have a pattern for lounge pants.  Walmart to the rescue with Simplicity 8519:

Yep, I paid full price for it.  Well, Walmart prices anyway.

Things that I chose to do:

1.  I made an XL for both guys.  If there is a next time, I will make a L.
2.  Lengthen leg by 3 inches.
3.  No attempt made to match the plaid.  I think that a printed plaid isn't the best thing to match.

Son's pants:


Yes, I purposely cut his head off.  That's for his privacy.  I think the pant will be comfy and hopefully warm.  His studio apartment is apparently very cold.

Hubby's pants:



My husband liked the pant but thought that they might be a little baggy.  Evenings hanging out around the house will be comfy for him.

Conclusion:

This is not a beginners pattern because of the fly instructions.  I don't generally read instructions word for word but look at the pictures.  This is not the first time that I made a fly of this sort but it is the first time that I was totally confused by what was being shown.  Just be aware that there are a lot of fiddly pieces to the front.  It should be very easy to convert to just a pull on pant without all the little pieces.  The waistband would need to be converted.

Overall, this is a nice lounge pant pattern and I will most likely make this again in a L for my husband and son.  I'm also considering making a pair for my Dad in a M.  We'll see what happens.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment