Thursday, January 24, 2019

It's All About Koos...

I have long been fascinated by the work Koos van den Akker. So for Christmas, my nephew purchased this book for me:


It didn't take me long to read it from cover to cover.  Even my nephew seemed to be interested in the techniques that are offered in the book.  I would think that it takes time to figure out the whole concept of combining fabrics that are pleasing to the eye.  I'm not sure that the rest of the techniques are actually difficult.  They just take time.

There is a particular style of jacket that seems to prevail in the book.  It is a simple jacket and he usually does it reversible. As luck would have it, Vogue had a new Koos offering with the winter release:


This is V1608.  It is a reversible jacket pattern and a classic pattern for Koos work.  I think I'm going to give this a try.  I have no idea how long it will actually take me to create.  The one thing I do know is that I won't be purchasing leather for the jacket trim. 

In going through my pattern stash, I found that I also have this Koos pattern:


This is V1227.  Very different looking jacket than the first, don't you think?  I know I purchased this pattern because it appealed to me.  I wonder if it would over whelm me.

Both of this patterns are available at Vogue.  If this sort of work appeals to me, join me while I work on a jacket.  I'll try to give updates from time to time.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment