Tuesday, January 29, 2019

New Cabinet...

I have been waiting for a while for this piece of furniture.  The carpenter (DH) is sometimes busy with other things and more often than not it is something that I have requested.  So, I looked around for a piece of furniture that was big enough to put my husband's albums in.  There were 3 small moving boxes full.  I wasn't able to find anything that I was willing to purchase.  So, off to the Ana White site to see if there were any plans that would work.  Here's what I found:


This is the Planked Wood Sideboard.   The inspiration for the design came from Restoration Hardware and retailed at just under $3000.  The design as is is 84" long x 36" high x 18 1/4" deep.  That is big.  In fact, bigger than my space.  So, DH reworked the plan to fit the space we had and fit the albums that he has.  Here are the results:


This piece is approximately 54" long and just fits all of his albums.  It's a good thing he most probably will not purchase any more albums.  Here's a little look at the inside:


Unfortunately, this is only part of the music. There is a lot more still in boxes.  I think that there are 3 boxes of CDs.  Yep, he loves his music.  So, the plan is to make fabric baskets for the CDs.  I have not actually counted the number of CDs but I have calculation the size of a container needed.  So, I will be making fabric baskets to put on the shelves.  Each basket should hold around 32 CDs.  I've been working out the pattern. More on that later.

For those who might be interested, the cabinet color is called Bay Teal from Lowes.  We used a furniture paint with a matte urethane finish.  Now, I just need to get it accessorized.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment