Thursday, May 1, 2014

Still knitting....

...I have always had a love for all things dealing with yarn - knitting or crocheting.  I found the Artemisia Sweater at Ravelry and fell in love.  My goal with knitting all the dish clothes was to get my stitching even.  I think I have done that.  What I really want is to have sweaters that fit.  So, I took the leap and purchased the class over at Craftsy.  I have watched part of it  even though I don't have my supplies.  I can watch it again when it it time to get started.  This has three things that I'm really interested in:  top down knitting, bust fitting, and waist fitting.  I have no doubt that I will be learning something in this class.  I'm just hoping that it result in a sweater that fits.

When at Craftsy, I found a freebie class that is a freebie class about wools called "Know Your Wool with Deborah Robson".  My first thought was isn't all wool the same?  Well, it turns that all wool is not the same.  You need to know what your project is going to be to know if the wool characteristics you have selected will work for that type of project.  Interesting, uh?  The other thing I found out is some types of wool felt better than others.  I will most likely watch this again some evening so I can understand a little more about the wools that I will most likely be interested in the most.

Next, I had to find the yarn to match my sweater.  First, I decided that I didn't want the Craftsy kit.  The color was beautiful but I wasn't sure that was the color I wanted.  So, I read through the information that others had posted about what type of yarn they had used on their sweaters.  I finally selected a Cascade 220 superwash in Dusty Rose from Alpaca Direct.  I also purchased two sets of circular needles.   I still need to purchase two sets of the double pointed needles for the project.

With any luck, I will have a finished project by fall to show you.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment