Tuesday, May 13, 2014

2nd Muslin of the Diane Kimono dress

I have finally gotten back to the Diane Kimono dress pattern.  The second muslin is the largest size available.  It is sewn according to the directions except I was playing around with how the skirt attached to the band:


Here's the same top with the shoulders pinned for sloping shoulders:


I think that the second version has a little bit better fit.  With that in mind, I retraced the the front and back bodice changing the slope about 1/2".  Here is the change to the bodice:


I used the pivot and slide technique to modify the bodice.  You can see in the picture above how much the change affected the sleeve.

There is still some of the loving pink fabric left to produce another muslin. So, it's off to make one more muslin.  I get a little tired of the patterns by this point.  I hope that third time is the charm and I can make the dress.  What do you think of the differences in the second muslin?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment