Monday, May 12, 2014

New Pattern Possibilities....

I just checked the new pattern offering at the large pattern companies.  I know I'm running a little late this year.  The offerings were such a disappointment.  There were many cute items but I didn't feel that they were something that I should be wearing.  I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard to look young.  Big and baggy, no thank you!  Here are the few patterns that I found interesting:



I liked the look of McCall's 6959 wrap dress.  Doesn't it look like quick & easy sewing?  It does come with a couple of necklines, 3 sleeve variations, and 2 skirt variations.  It reminds me very much of the Ramona Dress pattern by Serendipity Studio, which is already on my to do list.


This is a Maggie London design for Butterick,  It is #6053.  This dress has some beautiful seaming and is already graded for the cup sizes.  Is the drafting good for the different cup sizes.  Notice it also has pockets.  Who doesn't love pockets?


This is Burda Style 6905.  First glance and this is a skirt but look again.  It's called a pant skirt.  I can see a lot of possibilities with this skirt/pants.  In fact, I can see this becoming a wardrobe stable.  I love wearing skirts in the summer and this has that look.  I may have to drive over to JoAnn's and get this pattern.

For the younger ladies, there are lots of flowing items, and jumpsuits available.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment