Friday, May 30, 2014

A Little Sewing Inspiration...

I did do a little window shopping while I was in Chicago.  While in Neiman Marcus, I found this linen skirt in the Eileen Fisher department:


Sorry, it is not a great picture but I was trying to get a picture of the stitching.  This skirt was on the bias with decorative machine stitching.  Very simple.  Very expensive.  My husband couldn't understand why it was so expensive or for that matter why any of it was so expensive.

I also was able to check the St John's knits department.  Wow!  Absolutely beautiful clothing.  Such attention to detail.  It was all priced of my comfort zone for clothing but a girl can dream.

We also visited the Ralph Lauren store.  Here's a picture of the leather jacket that I found there:


Loved this jacket but I'm not willing to spent $4000 on a unlined leather jacket.  Here's a close up of the stitching detail on this jacket:


Wouldn't that be easy enough to duplicate even in leather?  Some day I hope to have enough courage to re-create this jacket in leather but in the mean time I could try a different fabric.  I think all the major sewing companies have a pattern similar to this.  I have the Silhouettes version in my stash.  Maybe I could plan something for fall.   Since this was an unlined jacket, all the seams were bound in what looked like leather.  Really it was all the stitching that catch my attention.

Hope your inspiration!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment