Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year!

 It is a new year.  Overall, I am happy with the amount of sewing that I did last year.  I am not happy with the amount of purchasing that I did.   Why is it so much easier to plan projects than execute the projects?  I am definitely a planner.  

In 2021, I created 23 number of projects (this includes muslins).  I used 45 1/4 yards amount of the stash and purchased 20 yards of fabric. My total purchases for the year was 141 1/4 yards. My stash is in the continuous growth mode.  I really need to get into a reduction mode.  I have already planned many projects for this year.  My goals for 2022 is the following:

1.  Follow through with planned projects.  This is projects planned in 2020 and in 2021. 

2.  Reduce stash.

3.  Reduce fabric purchases and pattern purchases.

I do not think that I could make this list much smaller.  Hopefully, I can follow through with this.  Fabric is really a huge temptation for me.  When I am not sewing, I usually am planning  projects and purchasing fabric.  I joined Julie's Picks at Fabric Mart Fabrics for the year of 2022.  I am hoping that being able to touch the fabric will reduce my need to purchase more fabric.  No doubt there will be plenty of temptation.  I am hoping that I will be able to resist.  

Are you making any goals for 2022?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment