Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Foz Top, Round Two...

 Here is the second Foz Top.  My first Foz Top which was suppose to be a wearable muslin did not wash well.  I found out that the pins I was using was not a good match to the fabric and resulted in holes all around the neckline.  So sad but the buttons were reused.  Here is the finished top:


This top fits differently than the previous version - here.   The neckline is not too low in this version.  It also seems a little snugger.

Here is the Dritz ball point needles that I purchased:


I think that I purchased these at Amazon.  There is not anywhere locally that I can purchase something that is this specialized.  Now, let's talk a little bit about my Bernette B77.  Here are the setting from the machine for the seams and the hem:

1.  Select light weight knits (#5) on the Creative Consultant.  Then, selected straight stitch (#1) on project type.  Click the green check mark.

2.  Change the stitch length to 4.0.

This results in the stretch stitch #11 being selected.  There are also a list of recommendations that you can use or not use.  This is the foot that was used:


This is the zigzag foot for the dual foot.  Notice the little button on the side of the foot.  It is an interesting little detail that I have not seen on a machine accessory before.  It is used to level the foot when you have areas that are unlevel.  As far as I can tell, this is close to using a hump jumper.  I did have the dual feed engaged through out this project.  Here is a look at the hem:

For the buttons, I returned to the Creative Consultant and repeated Step 1 above.  At Step 2, I selected buttonhole (#4).  Again, you will get a list of recommendations.  This resulted in the machine selecting buttonhole #53, a stretch buttonhole, for the project.  Here is a drawing of this buttonhole:

I had never used this type of buttonhole before but decided to go it.  Here are the results:



Also, I set up a stitching mark so that I would be able to get a reasonably straight seam.  The markings for inches is at the back of the plate and very hard to see when sewing.  Here is my set up:



Overall, I am very happy with this project.  I think there will be another long sleeved version of this top.  There is not anything more enjoyable than a quit project with great results.  Who knows, maybe I will address the fitting a little bit or maybe not.  

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment