Friday, October 1, 2021

Blouse Muslin...

 I recently purchased the Butterick 6855 from the Fall Pattern Roundup post - here.  Here is a pattern view:


View C is the one that I would like.  I found some inexpensive drapey fabric at Walmart to use.  Here is the fabric:


As you can see it is very sheer.  Here is the muslin made:


Front view - it is not too bad.  The v is a little low and the sleeves are too long.  It could also be that it is too wide in the shoulders.


Again, not too bad.  I wish I could figure out the funkiness at the back of the shoulder.  However fitting of this area is very limited.  I did purchase a class on sleeves and fitting sleeves to the armsyce but it has not helped any.


The back fits fairly nicely.  Again, you can see a bit of funkiness around the top of the sleeve on both sides.  Funny that it looks the same with arm down versus the arm holding the camera.  


The right side looks fairly good.  A little bit of gathering at the bustline but I do not see anything indicating that I need some space a the bust.  I think I will ignore that.  Some of these little issues could very well be the tank that I have under the blouse.

Things that definitely need to be addressed:

1.  The neckline being too low.

2.  Sleeve length.  This could be a little of both the shoulder being wide and the sleeve being long.  Just need a closer look at the shoulder/sleeve again.

Even with the funkiness around the top of the sleeve, the blouse is not uncomfortable.  Different fabric may not show as much or it could be some other issue that I do not about yet.  If you have ideas on the sleeve head issues, please let me know.  

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment