Thursday, September 2, 2021

Fall Pattern Roundup...

 I have less than enthused with the Big 4 pattern offering in the last couple of years but this fall it is looking a bit better.  We will start with McCall's:


McCall's 8241.  This is called a poncho top.  I will definitely be purchasing this pattern.  I just love the idea of this and would wear it as a second layer.




McCall's 8248. This is called a pleated school skirt and it comes in  three lengths.  I really like the long one.

Overall, I thought this McCall's release was a home run.  There were several other patterns that I really liked but I do need to be realistic with how many I might actually make.  Next, let's go to Butterick:


Butterick 6855. Blouse with center front pleat, gathers at front/back yoke, sleeve variations.  I like the look of this blouse.  I think I have something very similar so I might not invest in this but it is cute.

There are other patterns in the fall release that are nice but many are very similar to things that are already in my pattern stash.  I discovered that I purchase a lot of the same designs so I am attempting to cut back.  On to Simplicity:


Simplicity 9375. Faux wrap skirt with a twist.  Variation with faux flat wrap front.  I really like the knee length and longer skirts.  This pattern is definitely coming to the pattern stash.  I need to dig through the fabric stash and see what fabric is available.  


Simplicity 9376.  This is a pull on pleated or pintucked pant.  I like the idea of these pants.  I have similar patterns but really like the look of these.  Not sure how I actually feel about pleated pants returning to fashion.  They are a little harder to fit because it is easy to overfit and have a gapping pleat instead of a flat pleat.

Surprisingly, there are a lot of crafty type patterns in the Simplicity release and a couple in the McCall's release.  It is nice to see this happening again.  McCall's use to have some of the best instruction of home dec.

There was not anything in the Vogue fall release that interested me.  It did seem to contain much of high fashion but I guess with the events of the last couple of years fashion has gotten even simpler.

Hope you enjoyed looking at my picks from the new fall releases.  I have little time to sew these days but certainly do a lot of dreaming, planning, and purchasing.  What are your picks from these releases?

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment