Monday, September 27, 2021

Inspiration...Long Sleeved Tiered Midi Dress

 I really do like the silhouettes that are showing up for fall this year.  I have a lot of love for this dress:


This is the Ascot Print Crinkled Georgette Printed Tie Mock Neck Long Sleeved Tiered Midi Dress from Lauren by Ralph Lauren.  Price tag: $155.00.   Details: a-line silhouette, mock neckline with self-tie accent, long blouson sleeves with smocked cuffs, forward shoulder seam, smocked waistband, shirring into cuffs and shoulder seams, fulled lined except sleeves, tiered skirt with shirring into seams, 52" length, pullover construction.

This dress reminds me a lot of a previous dress that I had as an inspiration here.  It is just a lovely dress.  I found many patterns with the tiered skirt but I was not able to find a pattern with the top detail.  Then I decided to look for top patterns that may work.  Here is what I found:


This is Butterick 6378 - gathered tops and tunic with neck ties.  I think view B will work as a starting point for the dress.  You would need to figure out the smocking and the tiered skirt.  Hope you are inspired to create some beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment