Monday, August 30, 2021

Inspiration...Long-Sleeved Day Dress

 Fall is not here yet but there are signs showing that it is coming.  A little sewing now can prepare us for the cooler weather.  Here is a fabulous dress that I found:




This is Floral Long-Sleeve Day Dress by Polo Ralph Lauren.  Price tag: $498.00. Details:  Floral print, ruffled trimmed spread collar, long sleeves with ruffled trimmed three button cuffs, button from with ruffle trim, mother of pearl buttons, tiered skirt, a-line silhouette, front and back shaping darts, viscose, dry clean, 50" long with model being 5'10".

With the exception of the price tag, there are a lot things to love about this dress.  There are a ton of ruffles which would take a lot of time to make.  It is a very feminine style.  The tiers make it a little more modern.  It reminds me of the 80s.

I am not even going to try to look for a pattern on this one.  I think it is going to be pattern hacking all the way.  I think I would start with a shirt pattern that I have already fitted.  Note that this dress appears to be fitted at the waist.  Then add the skirt with the tiers.  My guess is those tiers are 1 to 1 1/2.  The ruffles on the collars, cuffs, and button band look to be 1 to 2.  

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment