Thursday, August 12, 2021

Home Dec Sewing...

 Well, I kinda just keep buying fabric.  This time I have decided that my slipcovers need to be replaced.  I can not remember how old they are but I think they yell out "Old Woman".  So, I picked this linen to replaced my floral and checked/plaid slipcovers.  Here is the fabric:


This is a heavy weight linen from fabrics-store dot com. Somehow, I thought it was going to be a lighter in color but I will work with it.  I purchased 15 yards with hopes that it will cover a love seat and a chair.  We will see if I can accomplish that.  

I will be using the existing slips as patterns.  I do not take them apart.  Instead I measure and add seam allowances.  The slips will be a challenge as there are many pleats that I will need to figure out.  I am guessing that I will draft a pattern of some sort for the pleated areas to check the sizing.  Once the slips are finished, I will make some new covers for the pillows as well to bring in some color.  However, this could be a fun point.  The pillow covers could actually be changed from season-to-season if I choose.  

Now, I need to figure out how to find the time to get the yardage washed and dried a couple of times.  Maybe I will call the dry cleaners and see what they can do for me.  Otherwise, it will need to be a laundry mat with large washers and dryers.  I suppose I could throw in some pillows as well.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment