Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Sew Discouraged....

 So, I made a muslin for an Itch to Stitch dress.  Does not matter which one.  It was just a lot of work for a muslin.  It has not been that long ago that I took all my measurements.  Much to my surprise the dress was form fitting in the torso and it was not suppose to be.  Out came the tape measure to check my measurements once again.  They have increased in the torso which explains the form fitting look I achieved.  The bodice was huge.   I have gone back and reprinted the various sizes that I need but it felt like such a waste of time and fabric.  This dress will get accomplished even if I have to make another muslin.

What do you do when something bombs?  Does it discourage you?  I haven't made a dress in a while since maybe last fall.  Now, I wondering if that dress will even fit.  I never even found an occasion to wear it.  I suppose I should check.  Otherwise it is just taking up space.  I shall move forward and just remember to check those measurements more often.

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment