Monday, August 9, 2021

Inspiration...Long Coat

 There is nothing like a beautiful coat.  This coat is just that:


This is Lafayette 148 New York Emile Wool-Silk Coat. Price tag: $1498.00.  Details: wool blend, lining is acetate/nylon, approximately 42" long from the shoulder, notched lapels, two button closure, long sleeve, button cuffs, center back seam, flap side pockets, topper silhouette, single back vent.

This is a perfect coat for cold weather.  It would be in my wardrobe in an instant except for that price tag.  I will admit I do not need a coat but I would love a coat like this one.  Here is a pattern that is similar:


This is Liesl & Co Chaval Coat pattern.  It is a little straighter than the inspiration photo but I think it would work. 

You could probably look at vintage coat patterns and fine a silhouette that match the inspiration photo.  Who know, you might even have one in your pattern stash just waiting to be used.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment