Thursday, September 23, 2021

Inspiration...Tweed Blazer

 Fall is definitely in the air.  Nights have cooled off and we are finally seeing days that are not 90F.  Fall calls for layers.  Here is a great little jacket:


This is the Akris Punto Double-Breasted Tweed Blazer.  Price tag: $1590.00.  Details:  decorative double-breasted front, fringe, concealed front closure, peaked lapels, long sleeves, slit cuff, side flap pockets, tailored fit, wool/nylon.

I really like the idea of a tweed blazer.  Not sure how I actually feel about the "decorative" double-breasted front.  That is a detail that I would probably leave off.  However the fringe is fun. I would style it differently also.  As for the pattern, there is so many to choose from.  Here are a couple to think about:


This is the Closet Core Patterns Jasika Blazer pattern.  It is close to the inspiration photo.  You might want to square off the from edges if you want to replicate the fringe.  It can be found here.  Here is another option:


This is Kwik Sew 3715.  I just received this pattern with the recently Kwik Sew purchase here. Again, you would need to square off the front edges for the fringing.  

I have no idea how to the hidden closure.  If anyone knows how to do this, let me know.  Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment