Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Craft Bag...

 I decided that needed a largish bag to carry my crafty items between my house and my parent's house.  With this in mind, I started with the Kwik Sew pattern from my recent purchase (here). It is:


This is an Ellie Mae Designs pattern for Kwik Sew.  It is K118.  I am using stashed items mostly but I did purchase fabrics for side pockets because I could not find a match in the stash.  I even found the Peltex 70 hiding in the stash.  Here is the stash fabric:



I used these fabrics previously to make fabric boxes for CDs.  Here is the post where I created the boxes.  Here is the fabric that I purchased to coordinate:


The darker of the two coordinates with the dark color in the leaf print.  The lighter color would somewhat coordinate with the lighter colors in the prints.  Here is the finished bag:



In the first picture, you can see the little Featherweight that I used to make my bag.  I feel like I pushed this little machine almost to it's limits but I was able to complete the bag with it.  While stitching it, I wondered if it was going to be big enough to lug projects back and forth.  Now that it is finished, I think it is plenty big.  

I will be making organizing items for the inside in the future.  Hopefully, I have enough coordinating fabric to make them.  

Bags with stiff interfacing are my least favorite thing to do.  I think this project turned out well though.  Off to the next project.

Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment