Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Poncho Top...

I love the idea of the poncho tops.  It is an easy on/off item. When I saw this pattern from McCall's, I knew it would be the perfect item for my Mom who has congestive heart failure.  Here is the original post from my fall roundup.  Here is the pattern:


Now this item takes a lot of fabric.  The first version was view A in a recommended size of XL and a little short even for my 4'11" Mom.  The fabric used is from Joann Fabrics.  I was very disappointed in this fleece as it was described as a cabled fleece but it was really a printed fleece. It is still a color my Mom is very happy with.  Here is the first version on me:



As you can see this is really big.  It is actually the recommended size for me.  Just for reference, I'm 5'5".  If another version is made, I think we will be moving down a couple of sizes to a M.

I see versions of this in knitted cables all the time.  Everyone seems to love them.  I think I would like one of these for myself but the right fabric needs to be located.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment