Monday, January 12, 2009

Renovation and ramblings.....

The room renovations continue. DH is sanding as I type. We just keep finding things - cracks in the ceilings, the newish closet wall wasn't taped and mudded correctly, and lots of other spots that were not mudded and sanded correctly. There has been lots of skim coating going on. All of the walls have had the glue removed and washed twice. A third washing on all the walls will occur when we're ready to paint. I still need to completely empty the closet. We want to put in a new closet organizer. However after seeing how badly the walls are on the room side of the closet, I'm dreading really looking at the closet. I know that DH will want everything perfect. I need to start looking for an electrician. I want my own circuit in this room for my sewing equipment and computers. It might be nice to get a couple of the outlets off of the switches, too. The "wish list" could get really long. In the next week or so, I will start gathering paint samples to see what shade of green or ochre(?) that I would like to have. I can change my mind and run with blue. We'll see what happens.

On the sewing front, there hasn't been anything other than dreaming. I have been reading my new magazines and books when I take DS to his karate class or math classes. I have a UFO that I would really like to finish and there is a contest running at Pattern Review. Maybe I'll join it just to give myself that extra push to finish. Oh, I did do something sewing related this week. I purchased several new feet for my new sewing machine and some new designs. Well, I can dream...

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment