Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another icky day!

Woke up this morning to more snow and a phone call from the school district that there was going to be a 2-hour delay. I don't mind the delay but I did mind the phone call at 5:45. I couldn't go back to sleep. So, I put my coat on and went out and to help shovel the driveway. I didn't actually help much because I could not locate the second shovel. A little bit of exercise.

I did make it to Curves this morning. I normally go on M-W-F schedule but there wasn't any school yesterday so this week I will go T-Th-S. I hope the weather cooperates. I really prefer going early.

I also moved a few more items from the closet today. Slowly, the items are being moved to the basement. Oh, I just realized I forgot all about calling electricians and floor refinishers today. Guess, I need to make a to do list and follow it. Otherwise, the rest of the room will be done and we will be waiting.

I thought that I would share a favorite crock-pot recipe today (one of my son's favorites). It is an adaptation of a recipe from one of the TV chefs:

Chicken Stew
(serves 4 to 6)

1 small onion, chopped
2 stalks of celery, cut into bite-size pieces
1 or 2 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
salt & pepper to taste
1 - 14 1/2 ounce can of tomatoes
14 1/2 ounces of chicken broth
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
2 chicken breasts
1 - 15 ounce can organic kidney beans, drained (rinse if not organic)

Put all of the ingredients in the crockpot on low for 6 - 8 hours. Shred the chicken when ready to serve.

I serve this over egg noodles or brown rice or mash potatoes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment