Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cooking....Skillet Ziti

As I have stated before, I'm always looking for quick and easy recipes.  I certainly found it in this:


This is Skillet Baked Ziti.  I just used the recipe as a guide line and it turned out wonderful.  I didn't feel like going to the grocery store that I normally go to and just visited the little neighborhood store to pick up the ingredients.  The little neighborhood store didn't carry the hot bulk sausage suggested so I purchased the fresh store ground sausage and added an additional 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.  The neighborhood store also didn't carry the ziti so I substituted another small tube-like pasta.  The last substitution was that I used Half & Half instead of heavy cream simply because that is what was in the refrigerator.

The next time I make this, I will be trying the just put the lid on it and let the cheese melt rather than using the oven.  I know the cheese won't get brown and crispy but it will be melted and gooey.  Just the way my son likes it.

I will definitely be checking out the cooking blog that this came from to see what other wonder creations can be found there.

Happy Cooking (and Stitching)!


No comments:

Post a Comment