Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Boxy Top...

 I found this top pattern at Jalie:


I thought this would be a fun, everyday type top.  Folks I picked a size, cut it out, and sewed it up.  I suppose technically it is my muslin.  I used a super soft black/white plaid that I found in the Walmart precut section.  It is probably a polyester.  Here are the results:





Big and boxy does not mean it will fit.  This pattern proves that but I will wear this top regardless.  Fit issues that I can immediately see:

  • full bust adjustment (photo 1, 2, 4) I would just add length at the bust level a quand ease it in.
  • round back adjustment (photo 3)
Now, I am going to put it out that it could be a balance issue and that taking a tuck approximating where I would normally add length in  the back might work as well.  

Another observation, I forgot to measure the sleeve width.  It is a little narrow for me but not uncomfortable.  If I make this again, I will definitely add width all the way to the sleeve hem.  

Overall, this is a quick easy pattern.  By the way, the fabric really is a plaid.  I can not figure out why the pictures look funny.  It does not look like the photos.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment