How often do you clean your machine(s)? I like to think that I clean my machines often. Sometimes, I clean after ever project. However, I was looking at my serger and could not remember the last time I hade really gave it a good clean. So, I decided that cleaning and oiling (as appropriate) was needed. Here are the results:
Serger:
Ugh! This machine was really needing a cleaning. I would assume that the oiling was appreciated as well.
Sewing machine:
Ugh! That is a lot of gunk. I know that I cleaned the machine this summer because the machine will tell you to clean it. Okay, I admit I did not know the message existed until I got it. I had been doing a lot of topstitching and I guess between the fabric and thread it produced a lot of lint. So, maybe it has been a couple of months and several projects since it was cleaned. I did take the time to oil the machine.
Coverstitch:
This machine had the least amount of lint. I have used it quite a bit this summer so maybe I cleaned it and did not remember. I could not find any oiling information for this machine. I need to do a deeper dive and make sure I am not missing anything.
I am actually appalled at how linty the serger was. That machine gets wiped out before each new project most of the time.
How often do you remember to clean your machines?
Happy Stitching!



No comments:
Post a Comment