Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Plaid Classic Shirt...

 It feels good to have another item made for fall/winter.  I have gotten really slow with my sewing.  Here is my latest classic shirt:





The pattern used is the Liesl & Co Classic Shirt.  Once you have it fitted, you can make many shirts.  The pattern is the same basic pattern that is used for a button down shirt.  It is very well drafted and has good instructions.  If you head over to the Olive & S website, you will also find a ton of information regarding this pattern.

I cut this version of the classic shirt in a single layer in an attempt to get the horizon stripes to match.  The body of the shirt is great.  I missed by a hair on the sleeves.  The yoke, button placket, cuff, and sleeve placket are all cut on the bias.  

Overall, I am very happy with this shirt and hope it gets a lot of wear.  The weather has been calling for a bit warmer clothing.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment