Thursday, October 12, 2023

Inspiration...Button Down Blouse

 Button down blouses/shirts are such a wardrobe staple.  We should have many for every season.  This next blouse I have posted many iterations of it.  This is where having a fitted pattern can result in a great wardrobe.  Here is the top: 


This is the Scottie Printed Silk Button Down Blouse by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $798.00. Details:  spread collar, concealed button placket, long sleeves, wide button cuffs, back yoke, box pleat, relaxed fit, shirttail hem.

I know it is the color that drew me in.  I checked at Cali Fabrics to see what type of prints that might have and there are tons here.  I have not found the exact print or even one similar.   What pattern?  Well, I am going to go to the one I always suggest as it is one that I have fitted.


This is the Liesl & Co Classic Shirt pattern.  This is a link to the designer site and there is a ton of information for this pattern.  I have found it to be very well drafted.    Here is my preferred method of making a hidden placket at Threads - How to Make a Hidden Button Placket.  As for making changes to the cuff, when you widen the cuff remember to shorten the sleeve.

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment