Thursday, October 19, 2023

Inspiration...Pleated Skirt

 I have a love for a long pleated skirt.  This skirt is not as long as I would like but I that is why I sew:


This is the Rag & Bone Garnet Pleated Italian Wool Midi Skirt. Price tag: $425.00.  Details: High rise, a-line silhouette, hem falls below the knee, back zip closure.  Here is a picture of just the skirt so you can see some of front details:


This is such a classic skirt style.  For a pattern, I think you will need to look vintage.  I have not see any pleated skirt patterns of this style recently.  I looked.  I remember making this style in the 70s and 80s.  You could probably find this style in earlier decades as well.

It seems that it is probably easier to locate fabric for a skirt than it is for a pattern.  Anyone up for drafting a pattern?    There is some Rag & Bone wool fabric at Mood here.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment