Monday, January 11, 2021

Inspiration...White Shirt and Jeans

 Let's complete the outfit from last Monday.  Here is another look at the picture:


This is Lafayette 148.  I have no idea if the jeans and shirt are from the same label but I would suspect that they are.  Here is a couple of ideas for the shirt:




This is the Grainline Studio Archer Button Up pattern.  View A is a classic shirt pattern. 


This is the Liesl & Co Classic Shirt pattern.  As the name implies, this is a classic button-up shirt pattern but with a little twist.  It has cup sizing which for some can be a wonderful addition to a pattern. 

Here is a couple of jean options:


This is the Ginger Skinny Jeans pattern by Closet Core.  If you prefer a slim fitting jean, this one is highly rated by most people in the sewing world.


This is the Merchant & Mills Heroine Straight Leg jean pattern.  It has a looser fit than the skinny above. I am all about options here.  

All of these patterns are hiding out in my pattern stash.  They are fairly basic patterns that can be used over and over.  I think I really need to get working on fitting a pair of jeans.  I have a very hard time finding jeans that fit. Remember once those patterns have been fitted, you can change the style lines to whatever you desire.


I am an affliliate for the company that has been linked these patterns above. I would get a small commission if you choose to purchase.

Hope you are inspired to create some fabulous basics for yourself.

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a sewing/fashion blogger. I have a question I'm hoping you might be able to answer. I've altered pants before, but never sewn them from scratch. I do have the patterns, though. Any advice on how to sew them? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with your hip size. Here's some information on fitting - https://www.silhouettepatterns.com/html/media/livestreamchannel/replay_08_08_2016.htm start about 19 min mark. They are more videos from this same company but she has really good information on fitting.

      Delete